Saturday, June 7, 2008

A Flamingo Among Pigeons 2.0

Since apparently my early onset Alzheimer's is setting in, I forgot my password to my original blog. So welcome to "a flamingo among pigeons 2.0"!!
I hope none of you find me cocky when you read the title of this blogging experience, and if you do then A) you don't know me very well and B) you can just suck it up. I should probably explain though that my mother used to tell me
(and still does on occasion) when she could tell that I was having a "down day" that I was "a flamingo among pigeons". I spent many moments trying to figure out what she meant by that. I came up with a few conclusions, A) I have stick legs, B) I am kind of awkward and clumsy when I move, C) I'm for sure not a swan, but D) mostly I guess, she wanted me to know that I was a bright spot among the your everyday birds.
( A.D.D. Moment: I looked up flamingo on Wikipedia, I found this definition: "Flamingos are gregarious wading birds in the genus Phoenicopterus and family Phoenicopteridae." I had to look up what "gregarious" meant and here is what I discovered: "Describing one who enjoys being in crowds and socializing". Sweet, okay. After a little research I also decided that I would be a Caribbean flamingo for sure!)
Ever since then I have had a deep love for flamingos in all their awkward-ness, and I as you all begin to read my day to day adventures and semi-deep thought you remember that it is coming from a flamingo like girl, herself.

1 comment:

Jonesy said...

You are so cute!